Saturday, April 27, 2013

Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer- Is it worth the hype???

I hope that everyone is having  wonderful saturday night :)
I have been eyeing the Cle de Peau concealer for a little over a year now, but I wasn't sure about spending 70$ (!) to get it... So, for my birthday, I decided to splurge and buy it! I had seen multiple people on youtube use it, and it had gotten rave reviews on the internet, so I thought that it was about time that I try it for myself.
Let me start off by saying this concealer is insanely overpriced. I definitely think that it should be more towards the 40$ price-range, however I do understand that you are paying for the brand name as well as the ingredients. The concealer is extremely creamy, however it dries to sort of a powdery finish. I originally bought the concealer in hopes that it would replace my YSL touche eclat, however for under eyes, I definitely prefer the YSL. The Cle de Peau ended up turning sort of grainy and "flaky" right by the inner corner of my eye, and it looked as if I had piled on the under eye concealer. I do have to say that it does have amazing staying power and I do like it for blemishes and redness on the face, however I would not recommend as an under eye concealer for anyone who has dry skin... I will try to attach a picture to show what it does after it is applied compared to the YSL because I know I am doing a terrible job explaining what it looks like! Overall, I am pleased with my purchase, just because I have been dying to try it for ages, however I would not repurchase it!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend :) If you have any questions for me or any suggestions please let me know in a comment below! I would love to hear from you! have a wonderful night :)
XO Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment