Friday, April 19, 2013

Organic/ Natural Skincare

Hey y'all!
Im back!! I am so sorry I took such a long break. Unfortunately we still don't have internet up at the beach, and things have just been crazy since spring break (excuses, excuses..), however I am back now! I have lots of things to update y'all on, however I thought I would start off with a little rant.
So, I generally eat relatively healthy, and I try to make sure that I am putting natural/ organic things into my body. I have recently been on the search for some natural skincare that actually works, because I am trying to cut as much harmful chemicals out of my life as possible (I know, some of you will not agree with this, but each to their own!), so I decided to research some skincare companies/ products.
I have raved about mario badescu for a while, and don't get me wrong, I love the company for the most part! I use their aloe toner which is all natural, and it contains only aloe, water, and (????) something I cant remember right now (sorry!). However, I decided to research some of their moisturizers and I stumbled upon a sight that tells you all of the ingredients in a product, as well as the health risks associated with those ingredients. Turns out, "natural" isn't always better...The Mario Badescu night cream that I had been using actually contains ingredients that have been banned in Europe, as well as multiple ingredients that cause "organ toxicity". When I researched my 7$ cetaphil cream however, I found that it contains only two or three ingredients that had health concerns related to them. I would highly encourage anyone who is a health nut like me to actually do some research on the products that you use! I have linked the site I used below and I think that it is a great tool. I also wanted to not though, that it is important to look at other resources and actually google the ingredients that may be considered harmful! Some of these ingredients are also used in food, or other things that we ingest, and so they are not harmful if used in skincare, but you may want to avoid them when it comes to your food!
I hope everyone has had an amazing week and I am so happy for it to finally be the weekend :)
Have a wonderful evening :)\
xo Kaitlyn


heres a link to the site I used:
http://www.goodguide.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment