Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Best Lip Balms For Dry, Chapped Lips


I thought that I would just continue on with the whole "kissable lips" theme and talk to you a little bit today about my favorite lip balms and treatments.

My top favorite lip balm of all time is the Fresh Sugar Lip Balms. They come in about every color imaginable and they are great for dry, cracking lips. They also smell amazing! From the name you would think that they smell sort of vanilla/sugary, however they have a very fresh citrusy scent. Like the Fresh Sugar Lip Scrub that I mentioned in an earlier post, it is on the pricier side at $22.50, however I think it is well worth it! Also, if you are a sucker for packaging like me, the packaging is absolutely beautiful! It also has a twist top so if you accidentally forget and send it through the washer/dryer, or if you leave it in a hot car, theres no chance of it melting and leaking out all over your clothes or your car. Fresh also has a treatment balm, which honestly works miracles. I would highly recommend it for those of you with extremely dry lips and its great for people on Accutane.  I purchase mine from sephora, however you can also get it from the fresh website.
My next favorite, and substantially less expensive, lip balm is the Vitamin E Stick by Reviva Labs. I was hesitant about posting this on here because it can be difficult to get ahold of. The only place that I have found it is Whole Foods. If you can get your hands on it though, I would highly recommend it! It has a very different consistency on the lips than the fresh sugar lip balm. As soon as it is on the lips, it is very similar to putting straight olive oil on your lips. It also seems to have that olive oily taste/ smell. I could see how this could be irritating to some people, but I personally dont mind it. If you are going to put this on before your lipstick ( I would highly recommend putting some sort of balm on before any other lip products), I would make sure that it has completely sunk into your lips, and I would recommend wiping off any the excess oils from your lips before you apply your lipstick. If you just leave it on, your lipstick will most likely fade off within about an hour. As I mentioned before, this product is significantly less than the fresh lip balm, and the last time I bought the product I believe it was somewhere between $3.00-$4.00.
I have tried about every lip balm imaginable, and these two are by far the best! If you have any questions for me or anything that you would like to see a review on please let me know!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day :)
XO Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment