Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Chanel Vitalumiére Aqua


I have been searching forever for a medium coverage foundation that actually looks like skin and doesn't get caky or greasy throughout the day, and I have finally found it! Vitalumiére Aqua is one of Chanel's newer foundations, and it is also one of the more affordable Chanel foundations at $45.  This is one of the new oil free, water based foundations that seams to be increasingly on the rise. The product gives an incredibly lightweight and natural finish, although it still gives you a medium coverage. As soon as the product is on your face, you can't tell that you are wearing any foundational at all. This is especially great for people who have larger pores because this foundation smoothes right over them instead of settling into them and making every pore and fine line more visible. The finish reminds me a lot of Origins VitaZing (amazing product!) or Mac's Mineralized Skinfinish Natural. I have extremely sensitive skin, and this is one of the only Chanel foundations that does not break me out or cause my skin to become dry and flakey. My skin is combination dry, and I find that this does not cling to my dry skin or become super greasy looking throughout the day. One thing that you must keep in mind though, is that because this is a water based foundation you MUST shake it well before use, otherwise you will end up with water lumpy product instead of the smooth consistency that you were expecting. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone with combination oily to dry skin, and this has become my new holy grail foundation! 
Cost: 45$
Finish: Natural
Coverage: Light to Medium
Best Suited For: Combination Oily- Dry. I would not suggest this foundation for those with extremely oily skin, and it may sit on the skin slightly more for those with very dry skin.
Comparable to: A fuller coverage BB cream (Beauty Balm) or tinted moisturizer. Same finish as the Origins Vitazing or Mac Mineralized Skinfinish Natural.  
Would You Recommend This Product?: YES!!!
Overall Rating: 4.8/5

Product Available From: ChanelMacy'sNeiman Marcus, and Nordstrom.

No comments:

Post a Comment