Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My favorite Contouring Products



#1. Benefit Hoola Bronzer- Im not exactly sure about how I feel about this product as an actual bronzer, but to contour it is perfect! I generally use this when I have more color during the summer and early fall months, because my skin is so pale that it can come off a little orange if I use it during the winter months. This matte bronzer is perfect for medium to tan skintones, and because it has such cool undertones, it is a fantastic contour color.


#2.  Chanel Notorious Ombre Contraste - Sculpting veil for eyes and cheeks
This is my go to contouring powder for when I am at my very palest. When I am going out to dinner, or somewhere where I want to take my time getting ready, I will layer this over the cream color base, however if I am just on my way to class, or I am in a hurry, I will just swipe this over the hollows of my cheeks and down the sides of my nose, and it instantly bring out my cheekbones and makes my nose look smaller. I honestly can't explain how much I love this product. I know that NYX now has a blush called taupe, and it's supposed to be similar to this (and probably 10x less expensive) so that could definitely be worth checking out if you can't get your hands on this, or you don't want to pay as much. Because it is such a greyish-taupe color, it is the perfect contour for those of us NC 15 and lighter. It is also extremely natural looking, so when you put it on, it honestly just looks like you have amazing cheekbones, not like you put a contour on.

#3. Mac Cream Colour Base in Root-
This is a fantastic contour and it works with a much wider variety of skintones than the hoola bronzer. Don't be afraid of how dark it looks in the packaging! Because it is a very blue toned, brown it creates the perfect "shadow" without looking fake or orange. The key to this product (as with any product) is to BLEND! Another amazing aspect of this product is that it has amazing staying power and it is waterproof. I took a picture of those swatches 4 days ago, and even after 5 showers and scrubbing my arm with every kind of cleanser/makeup remover I can find, I cannot get it off of my arm. I don't know if this would work on those who have a deeper skin tone, just because it might come off ashy, or might not give you much contraste from your natural skin tone. You can see the tiniest bit of shimmer in the packaging, however it comes off matte on the skin. I love this contour color because I can use it any time of year, from when I am at my very darkest, to when I literally look like a ghost I am so pale.
SWATCHES:


No comments:

Post a Comment