Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat


YSL's Touche Eclat has been something that I have been wanting to try for years, but I could never justify spending 40$ on an under eye concealer/brightener. I finally broke down and bought it due to huge dark circles under my eyes that nothing would cover up. This is the only product that will cover my dark circles while still looking natural. This is a fantastic product that I would highly recommend, and I will definitely be repurchasing. It  flawlessly covers up and brightens dark circles under the eye, making you look refreshed and awake (even if you pulled an all nighter the night before writing a paper). The other great thing about this concealer, is that it doesn't settle into fine lines, which makes it great for more mature skin. It also doesn't do that "grainy" thing over time as I discussed in my  Mac Studio Finish Concealer review.  I think that this product is great for all skin types and both my mother and I use this concealer even though we have very different skin types. Another great thing about this product is the shade range, I use the rose (shade 1) shade for my extraordinarily pale skin and it looks fantastic, and they have many other shades as well.  They also have some very dark shades such as shade 4, for darker skintones. My only wish is that they would have some darker more red based shades for very dark skin tones to help counteract ashy-ness (if you go to gossmakeupartist's youtube channel, he has some reviews on amazing products for women of color). I also wish that this was a little less expensive, however it is right around the same price pint as the Dior and Guerlain concealer /correctors. One last thing to point out is that for people with sensitive skin, this concealer is great because it doesn't give me that itchy heavy feeling as it wears as some other concealers do. 

Cost: 40$
Finish: Natural, it blend beautifully into the skin and you can't even tell it is there. 
Coverage: Light to Medium
Best Suited For: all skin types, I would highly recommend for those with more mature skin. 
Comparable to: Guerlain Issima Precious Light Smoothing Illuminator or Dior Skinflash  Concealer
Would You Recommend This Product?: YES!!!
Overall Rating: 4.5/5

P.S Please excuse the scratches all over mine in the picture! It's well used and well loved! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment