Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Mani Monday


I thought that I would start a new series where every monday I would do Mani Monday and talk about nails! Normally I will do my nails (and hopefully some nail art!) and post a pic, however because this week has been so crazy with exams and everything, I unfortunately didn't get around to it. However, I thought I would start off by telling y'all about my favorite nail polish brands!
#1: OPI
OPI is definitely my favorite polish brand just because they are so accessible (you can get them anywhere from supermarket to higher end beauty related stores) and because the majority of their polishes seem to quite a while without chipping, and you don't need a million coats to get good color payoff. One aspect I love about the newer OPI polishes is the brush! The have a much wider and flatter brush than many of the other polishes that I will mention, and it makes doing your nails so much easier!
#2. Seche Vite top coat
If you are at all into nails you probably know about the Seche Vite top coat. This thing is a miracle worker! Nothing makes my nail polish last as long or keeps my nails from chipping as well as this top coat.
#3. Ciate
I actually got the "mini mani month" set as a Christmas gift and I have to say I LOVE these polishes! I haven't been brave enough to try out the nail caviar quite yet, but as soon as I do, I will definitely write a review! Like the OPI polishes, they are very opaque so you need fewer coats to get the desired color. I also am obsessed with the little bows on all of their polishes! The only problem that I have had with the minis is that because the brush is so tiny, certain polishes can come off a bit streaky, however, it can easily be fixed with a second coat.

#4. OPI Quick Dry Drops
This isn't a nail polish, however I thought that it was necessary that I mention it! I love this stuff, to the point where I refuse to do my nails without it. You just put one drop onto each nail are your nails will be dry within minutes! No more sitting there flapping your hands around for 10 minutes and not being able to do anything while you wait for them to dry. The drops are a little spendy, however I think that they are well worth it. The tiny little bottle that I got has lasted me over a year and I use it every time I do my nails!
#5. Butter London
Butter London is my new obsession. These polishes would be my favorite by far if they weren't so expensive! I think one of the main reasons that I am attracted to them is because of the packaging; They are absolutely gorgeous!

This was just an overview of some of my favorite polish brands, so if you want me to do a more in depth review please let me know! Also, if you have any questions or suggestions for me please let me know! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday :)
XO Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment