Tuesday, February 19, 2013

DIY Lip Scrub and My Favorite Lip Exfoliants


In honor of valentines day, I thought that I would do a post about my favorite lip products to keep your lips looking flawless and kissable!

Exfoliating your lips at least weekly is something that I cannot stress enough! However, there are multiple ways that you can do this. If you want to go with a cheap alternative, (which doesn't work quite as well as the products that I will be recommending, however it is a fantastic alternative, especially when you are looking for ways to save some money) I would recommend putting a petroleum free jelly (basically like vaseline without the petroleum) on your lips for about 15-20 minutes to let it sink in. After that take an old tooth brush and scrub off the balm as well as any dead skin cells. If you have time I would recommend taking some sort of vegetable/argan/olive oil and mixing it with sugar and scrubbing it on your lips, then leave it there for about ten minutes. After that you can scrub it off with a tooth brush again, and then immediately put a lip balm on.
If you are going for a more luxurious lip scrub I would highly recommend Fresh Sugar Lip Scrub. I can't even begin to explain to you how heavenly this stuff smells! This is  my favorite lip exfoliant of all time, however because it is relatively expensive ($22.50) I generally only use it when I  really want to pamper myself.  Another amazing aspect of this product and the whole company in general is that it is all natural. You can use it the exact same way as the DIY lip scrub that I mentioned before, and once again just remember to put a lip balm on after scrubbing it off!

Some other amazing and not as expensive lip scrubs are from the company Lush. This is one of my favorite companies because everything is hand made and all natural. All of the ingredients (I think there are like 5-10 in each one, and all of them something that I can actually pronounce and know what it is) are all natural and listed directly below the product. The only downside to this product is it is not as widely available as the fresh products, however you can find them on their website (which I have linked below),  and they seem to be opening quite a few new stores. They finally opened one near me (yay!). The Lush scrubs are also half the price of the fresh sugar lip scrub at around $10.00. My personal favorite "flavor" is the Mint Julips, however it aslo comes in bubble gum, and sweet lips (which, as the name implies, has sort of a sweet vanilla-y scent). Best part is, you don't have to feel bad when you "accidentally" eat some of it while it's on your lips!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful valentines day! Just remember this day is about celebrating love, whether it be celebrating the love you have for your boyfriend/ significant other, or celebrating love for your family, friends, cat, dog, or even makeup! Today, I am celebrating my love of makeup and my friends (as well as my love for chocolate!) Hope everything is going well for all of you, and if you have any requests or any products that you would like me to review let me know!
Have a wonderful evening/ day :) and happy valentines day!
XO kaitlyn



WHERE TO GET FRESH PRODUCTS: www.sephora.com/fresh, www.fresh.com
WHERE TO GET LUSH PRODUCTS: www.lush.com

No comments:

Post a Comment