Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Favorite Face Products of 2012


1. Mac Mineralized Skinfinish Natural
Ive raved about this product multiple times and it truly is my go to product when I am in a rush. I can just quickly buff it into the skins and it evens out my skin tone perfectly! It's also great for those of us who are extremely pale because it comes in a wide range of colors. The secret with the product is that the more you buff, the better the coverage becomes!
2.  Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation
Staying with the flawless skin/ face theme, another absolutely amazing foundation is the Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation. I generally use this if I want a little more coverage, like when I am going out or have something special that I want to look nice for. I find that this applies best with a beauty blender sponge (seriously this thing is a miracle worker!). PS. I would not recommend getting the beauty blender dupes. None of them work anywhere near as good as the actual product!
3. Chanel Ombre Contraste in Notorious
Im pretty sure that this has to be my favorite product of 2012! I am seriously in love with this, and if there is any way for you to still get your hands on it, DO IT! I ended up finding mine on ebay paying double the retail price but it was so worth it! This is an absolutely beautiful contour color for those of us with very fair skin. It says that you can use it on all of the contours of the face including the eyes,  hollows of the cheeks, temple, and down both sides of the nose. When you get it, do not be freaked out by the purple/grey hue of it because it comes off as the perfect contour/shadow color on the skin. I generally will contour with this, and then warm the cheeks up a little bit with a light pink/dusty rose blush and it looks beautiful!  I dont know if I would necessarily recommend it for more tan skin tones, because it can come off a bit ashy, and I definitely would not recommend it for darker skin tones.
4. Guerlain Meteorites
I have to admit that when I first bought this, I was a bit disappointed because I had assumed that this would be a highlighting product. I was wrong! Although this product looks quite shimmery in the packaging, its actually just gives you a really subtle glow when applied to the entire face. If you just use  it on the highlights of the face it, it isn't going to do much. This product has seriously been my saving grace this winter though, because it gives your face the most amazing glow and keeps my fair skin from looking ghost-like.

These are just a few of my favorite beauty products and I will continue to post more hopefully in the next couple days! If you have any comments or questions please let me know! Also, if you have any products that you would like me to review let me know as well!
Have a wonderful day :)
Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment