Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Origins Vitazing



I fell absolutely in love with this product when I first tried it about a year ago. VitaZing is a fantastic oil free moisturizer that starts out white, but then as you rub it into your skin, it reacts with your natural pigmentation and turns into the perfect tint for your skin giving you a beautiful sun kissed glow. It will even out your skin tone and I feel that it also really helps reduce some of the redness that I have around my chin. I was a bit skeptical at first because I am so fair  (I have a hard time finding a foundation pale enough for my skin) and I was worried that this would make my skin look orangey or like I had a bad fake tan, however I was pleasantly surprised. If you are as fair as I am (Mac NC 15 or paler) you are going to need to blend it down your neck to make sure that you don't have any harsh lines but it truly is a beautiful product. I think that it goes on best with my hands ( just because I feel that it is faster), although I occasionally will use a stippling brush to apply it. In the summer when I have a tan and my skin is looking better I generally use this as my regular foundation because it evens out my skin tone and you can't tell that I am wearing anything on my face at all. In the winter when I am paler, I generally wear this as my daily moisturizer and then set it with a light pressed powder such Mac Mineralized Skinfinish Natural, or if I am going for a more full coverage look I will use Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, both of which I highly recommend.This product definitely doesn't break me out, and if anything I think that it actually makes my skin become clearer.This is also fantastic in the way that although it does have an SPF of 15, it doesn't seem to have the casper effect in photography (when wearing a foundation with SPF, flash photography can make it so that wherever you put your foundation looks about 5 shades lighter than it looks in real life which is never a good look!).  This product also has a really pleasant almost minty sort of smell. I would definitely recommend this product, and if you have an origins store near you, it is definitely worth going and testing it out.

Cost: $35
Finish: Natural
Coverage: Light
Best Suited For: All skin types
Comparable to: It is a very unique product. I can't compare it to anything else I have ever tried.
Would You Recommend This Product?: YES!!!
Overall Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment